Wednesday, July 4, 2012

New Website, The Latest Evolution

The evolution continues, this time in the shape of a brand new website that I hope will stand for a lifetime to come. I've always been in awe of many authors' websites. They're vibrant, elegant, and depending on their style, very unique.
Just as need is the mother of invention, and pressure makes diamonds out of coal, I immersed myself into learning how to build a website. It really is not as complicated and intimidating as I once thought. The good folks at Weebly made it a fairly good experience, and they did not require I sign over my first born pricewise.
I knew I was in trouble when the release of THE NEXT CHAPTER became a reality.  My old website was the epitome of simple, at my request.  I shied away from many of the ideas my very helpful friend, Dylan, had.  I will forever be grateful for all the help he gave me in launching my first website. 
Typical of the sentimental sap I tend to be, I ended up choking up a little when I included the text announcing the upgrade on the old page.  Every “first” of becoming an author is very dear to me, and the website is no exception.
And so, I’m so proud to launch my new website:

In essence, it’s a photo album of this amazing ride I started back on March 1st with the release of THE GAZE. 
In reflection, what a ride it’s been…
So much has changed in my life and within myself.  I’ve had to learn far more than 14 years of schooling did, and it has been all worth it. 
To those of you, who are more than a few miles ahead of me in your careers, you’ve got my admiration.  I didn’t realize the type of commitment that today’s writing careers demand, particularly for those of us who have taken the Indie route. 
Boy, it’d be nice to have teams of proofers, editors, web designers, publicists, agents, and promoters, wouldn’t it?
At the same time, I’ve learned that there are so many people out there willing to help with a good word, a comment, a “like”, a “retweet”, and others that do much, much more.  We really aren’t that alone, and if we are, it’s the result of our own choices.
To those of you starting out, give it your all and more than anything else, more than the learning, the promoting, the networking, keep writing your stories, and never sresentettle for any less than your very best.
I still have much to learn, I hope I never lose sight of that, but to me, this new website represents a huge step in the right direction, and of course, I do hope you visit it.   

Javier A. Robayo

10 comments:

  1. Nice looking website, congrats! And it's interesting...We share a late learning of English and starting a writing career out of a desire (nay, a need!) to write in English! French though, not Spanish, is my mother tongue. However the first language I spoke (but have forgotten now) was...Swedish! We moved out of Sweden when I was 6 and not having anyone to speak to in Swedish (at that point we lived in Egypt) I started to learn...French!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is indeed a beautiful Website, Javier. Unfortunately no Website ever lasts forever. You always have new ideas, new concepts, new projects, and the evolution is without end. That's the beauty of life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Javier, it's kind of like the concept of perfect science. It is perfect until the next discovery comes along and makes it obsolete. Great looking website.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for stopping by. I appreciate your comments.
    Claude, it's great to know more than one language, a little tougher to dominate one enough to dare write novels. You definitely had a lot more to contend with. French and Swedish and English seem so different.

    Caleb, I understand, without change we're just not going anywhere.

    Stephen, that's the epitome of modern life, from cell phones to cookware, as soon as you buy it, the next best thing gets put on the shelves.

    Thank you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two words, Javier- WELL DONE! And, FAB WEBSITE! Okay, gonna spoil that with more words lol, but you´re so right. If only we could have that team... *sighs* How wonderful would it be? Editing is a nightmare, would love to have what the pros have... Maybe in the future, eh? *crosses fingers* Well done for the site, Javier x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Serena, I'm still pretty jealous of your blogsite, can't get enough of it!

      Delete
  7. Couldn't appreciate your new website more, since I'm in the throes of doing one myself and to say it's not my area of interest or expertise would be an understatement indeed. You've done it well, Javier. But most importantly, you've seen more of what it takes to realize your dream and didn't back away. Great job on the site and as always my best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Javier,
    Nice work my friend.
    The transition to WordPress has been traumatic for me, but what the heck, I have almost seventy years of trauma, it's not a big deal.
    Consider adding the Triberr plugin - you'll love it.
    Yours to count on,
    Bert

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice website..boy I am so far behind! Please don't forget that I'm still here, coughing in your dust cloud as you race on ahead!

    ReplyDelete